Injuries From Defective Product Design
Sometimes a product is dangerous just by the way it is designed and that’s when an Atlanta defective product lawyer can help you. That means the product has some characteristic that makes it unsafe for its intended use, even if manufactured exactly as intended, with proper materials and components, and with proper packaging and labeling.
In defective design lawsuits, the inquiry typically focuses on the benefits provided by the product as weighed against its inherent risks. The victim may be required to show that the manufacturer could have made the product using an alternative design that would have been safer. Any warnings and instructions that accompanied the product will likely be considered as well.
The expertise of an Atlanta defective product attorney can help you get the justice you deserve when you are injured by a product with negligent design.
What Types of Negligent Design Cause Injuries?
Some examples of products with dangerous design defects might include:
- Power tools such as chain saws, rotary saws, and hedge trimmers that lack safety guards to prevent users’ hands and clothing from coming into contact with, or being snagged by, moving blades.
- Sport utility vehicles (SUVs) and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) with high centers of gravity and inadequate suspension designs that make them prone to flipping.
- Cars and trucks with poorly designed gas tanks and safety systems, putting occupants at higher risk of serious injury or death.
- Ladders with inadequate structural designs that cause them to collapse or fall over during normal use.
- Cribs and play pens whose bars put children in jeopardy of strangling.
- Industrial equipment without safety switches and guards to protect users from being crushed or electrocuted.
These are but a few examples of the myriad ways in which products can suffer from dangerously defective designs that unnecessarily expose their users to risk of injury. In each situation there are specific issues which have to be examined to determine whether a viable law suit for damages exists.
Contact an Atlanta Defective Product Lawyer Today
The trial lawyers at The Poe Law Firm — Jim and Matt Poe — are ready to answer your products liability case questions and advise you about protecting your legal rights. If you’ve been hurt by a defective product, simply call at Atlanta product injury lawyer, or use our convenient online contact form to schedule a free consultation to talk about your case.